Counseling Your Teen Clients About LARCs
Produced by the California Family Health Council, this video provides training for service providers on how to counsel teens about long acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs).
This video demonstrates how incorporating youth development principles when counseling teens about LARCs can enhance teen knowledge, perception, and use of LARCs.
Topics discussed include conveying to teens the links between using LARCs, delaying pregnancy, and achieving goals; informing teens about intrauterine contraceptives (IUCs) and contraceptive implants; and integrating dialogue on sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention in teen LARC counseling.
- Counseling Your Teen Clients About Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives
- LARCs First Counseling Session
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Open WHO
- Dengue Clinical Case Management Online Course
- Make Me a Change Agent
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Integrating SBCC into Service Delivery Programs
- HIV-Related Stigma and Discrimination Toolkit
- How to Reach Young Adolescents Toolkit
- Talking with Teens about Reproductive Health: How To Tackle the Tough Topics [Online Course]
- Keep It Simple: A Lesson in Linking Teens to Sexual Health Care- Video and Lesson Plan
- Provider Training Video
- Treating Adolescents with HIV: Tools for Building Skills in Cultural Competence, Clinical Care, and Support
- Initiation of and Adherence to Treatment as Prevention