Community Health Worker Training Materials for Cholera Prevention and Control in Haiti
This training manual for cholera prevention and control is intended for community health workers (CHWs) to help their communities prevent cholera illnesses and deaths.
Its 13 modules provide information about community mobilization, cholera, taking care of people with watery diarrhea, handwashing, oral rehydration solution (ORS), safe drinking water (Aquatabs, Dlo Lavi, Gadyen Dlo, and PuR) preparation and storage, food preparation, sanitation and cleaning, handling a death that occurs at home, and preventing stigma associated with cholera. Community education cards, a guide for the cholera training modules, and PowerPoint presentations are also included. Though this manual is specific to Haiti, an English-language worldwide version can also be found at the CDC's Training & Education page, under CDC Community Health Worker (CHW) Training Materials.
- Community Mosquito Control
- Cholera Fact Sheet
- Framework for Developing an Integrated Communication Strategy for the Introduction of Oral Cholera Vaccine in Cholera Prevention and Control Programmes
- Hand Hygiene: Why, How & When?
- Guidance on Use of Masks
- Basic Cholera Prevention Messages
- FEMA Coronavirus Rumor Control
- 18F Methods Cards
- Fact Sheet on Family Planning / Contraception
- The Infection Control Symbol Package