Communication for Healthy Living: Mabrouk! Initiative Newborn Pamphlet
The CHL Mabrouk! Initiative in Egypt addressed the health needs of family members at pivotal life stages through highly-rated television programs, publicized mass wedding events, and community-based components supported by policy change and service delivery quality improvement. The Mabrouk! Initiative was part of the Communication for Healthy Living (CHL) project based in Egypt from 2003-2011.
This pamphlet provides information about family planning options after childbirth.
More than 1.28 million people were reached by CHL outreach. CCP also worked with CHL to build capacity for health communication among the public, nongovernmental organization (NGO) and private sectors in Egypt. CHL partners distributed 2.2 million Mabrouk booklets explaining important health information at key life events of marriage, childbirth, infant care, successful birth spacing and child-raising. Exposure to Mabrouk! messages were followed by significant increases in reproductive-health practices. Secondary analysis of DHS data shows the impact of CHL messaging: exposure to FP messages accounted for a 12 percentage-point difference in modern contraceptive method use and an 11.5 percentage-point difference in FP use after the birth of the first child.
- FGM Infographics
- Training Toolkit on MSM Programming for the MENA Region
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- Compassion in a Time of COVID-19
- Safe Ramadan Practices in the Context of the COVID-19: Interim Guidance
- Faith-Based Engagement in Family Planning
- Practical Considerations and Recommendations for Religious Leaders and Faith-based Communities in the Context of COVID-19
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Social and Behavior Communication Change (SBCC) Implementation Kit to Support Faith-Based Organization Breastfeeding Interventions
- Communication for Healthy Living (CHL): Mabrouk! Initiative Spacing Pamphlet
- Communication for Healthy Living (CHL): Mabrouk! Initiative FP Services Pamphlet
- Communication for Healthy Living (CHL): Mabrouk! Initiative Family Health Pamphlet
- Arab Women Speak Out: Profiles of Self Empowerment
- Communication for Healthy Living: Egypt- Legacy Video