This is a module created to improve preparedness for and response of communities in countries at risk of a cholera epidemic.
The module consists of four lesson plans with accompanying flipcharts, intended to be delivered through community health workers. The lessons target mothers and caregivers of children under age five, a group that is at particular risk of death if infected. The module shares information about symptoms and risks; what families can do to prevent infection; how, when, and where to seek care; and what actions to take in the aftermath of an outbreak.
More Trending Topic Cholera resources
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Zika App
- Zika Virus Disease: Questions and Answers
- Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Cholera Outbreak: Assessing the Outbreak Response and Improving Preparedness
- Cholera Fact Sheet
- Basic Cholera Prevention Messages
- Framework for Developing an Integrated Communication Strategy for the Introduction of Oral Cholera Vaccine in Cholera Prevention and Control Programmes
- Stop Cholera Toolkit
- Dengue Clinical Case Management Online Course