The Challenge Initiative, Nigeria
The Challenge Initiative (TCI) is a project led by the Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. The Initiative represents a new approach to providing life-saving reproductive health and family planning information and services to individuals, families, and communities, building on the demonstrated success of the Gates Foundation’s Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (URHI).
In Nigeria, the The Challenge Initiative (TCI) project supports 11 State systems and structures by coaching State government counterparts to transition from partner-led programming to State-led planning and implement high-impact interventions driven by data and evidence. The model helps State governments design, implement, and measure high-impact, cost-effective and scalable interventions delivered using home-grown approaches to expand access to quality and affordable family planning services.
Critical interventions include health systems governance, Family Planning (FP) and Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health (AYSRH) funding, and Primary Health Care (PHC) -FP coordination through advocacy, voice, and accountability; demand generation; improving capacity for delivery of quality family planning services.
- Plan Stratégique National de Plaidoyer en matière de lutte contre le Paludisme (PSNPP) en Côte d'Ivoire 2018-2023
- Toolkit to Spread Awareness and Take Action on COVID-19
- “Because my Husband and I Have Never Had a Baby Before…” Results and Lessons from Interventions with First-Time Parents in Madagascar, Mozambique, and Nigeria
- Factors Impacting Use of Health Services by First-time/Young parents: A Formative Research Toolkit
- Guide de Formation Conseil Dépistage du VIH au niveau Communautaire: manuel à l'intention du personnel non médical
- Lessons Learned from an Integrated Approach for Reaching First-time Young Parents in Nigeria
- Films about Coronavirus
- COVID-19: Keeping Young People Healthy
- Family Planning Counselling Kit
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions