Cartes Conseil par Segment [Segmented Counseling Cards]
These counseling cards were developed as part of a wider program to use advanced audience segmentation (AAS) techniques in order to properly direct family planning (FP) messages to specific audiences in Niger.
After the initial AAS research was carried out, and the team learned more about the contraceptive needs of spedific audiences of men and women, stakeholders wanted to see how this information could be used to improve family planning counseling sessions.
In 2014-2015, the Hewlett Foundation, Nigerien Ministry of Health, and Camber Collective came together with Pathfinder International’s Animas Sutura project to use the Nigerien segmentation results to develop and pilot a series of rapid assessment tools for community health workers who conduct household visits in health centers in Maradi and Tillabéri, Niger. These counseling cards, a flipbook, a questionnaire, and counseling cards were part of this toolkit.
The counseling cards assist the health worker to understand each specific audience segment in more depth before counseling about family planning.
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Conseils Cles et Points de discussion pour les agents communautaires, les volontaires et les réseaux communautaires
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Prise en charge clinique de l’infection respiratoire aiguë sévère lorsqu’une infection par le nouveau coronavirus (2019-nCoV) est soupçonnée (OMS)
- HIV-Related Stigma and Discrimination Toolkit
- African Transformation Toolkit
- Zika Virus Disease: Questions and Answers
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa